WHO IS CECE
1) I live in Phoenix, AZ (aka The Hellmouth. Buffy and her friends were really kickin’ it here, not in Sunnydale).
2) I’m a true Gemini. And by “true”, I mean all the traits that make up my zodiac sign are pretty much dead on.
3) I’m addicted to adult romance books, as you know. SERIOUSLY. ADDICTED. Some of my favorite authors include Melissa Foster, Lori Foster, Carly Phillips, Jaci Burton, Lorelei James, Jill Shalvis, Shelly Laurenston, J.R. Ward, and Lynsay Sands.
4) I love Betty Boop.
5) I’m a HUGE James Bond fan: Sean. Pierce. Daniel. In that order.
6) My favorite movie is The Fifth Element. #LeelooDallasMultipass.
7) I have a BA in Nonprofit Management with a concentration in Writing and Literature.
8) My favorite band is Linkin Park (RIP Chester Bennington) and I listen to mostly alternative music. But I grew up listening to Motown, so I love the Oldies, too.
9) I have a SERIOUS love jones for Jason Statham.
10) And Kit Harington (#TeamJonSnow)
11) My favorite flowers are Gerber daisies. In all their glorious colors.
12) I love the X-Men franchise (even though I don’t read the comics). My favorite characters are Storm and Gambit. I’ve even been Storm for Halloween a few times.
I’m CeCe, Founder and Chief Eye-Banger here at An Eye For Romance.
Books have been a constant in my life since I was a child. Basically, from the time my Mom read to my older sister and I.
You know you’re a bookworm when the punishment for getting in trouble wasn’t losing TV privileges for a week, but it was NO NEW BOOKS! Shit got real, people. When that happened, it was like the world came to an end. LOL Needless to say, I made sure to never act up again.
When I was younger (elementary-school age), I suffered from a stuttering problem. Nothing the likes of Mel Tillis, mind you, but enough to where the library and I became besties.
I buried myself in books. And diaries.
And then journals, when I got older.
Which led to a love of writing fiction starting in the seventh grade.
But a funny thing happened during my freshman year in high school: I discovered adult romance books.
Despite the fact that I was writing YA fiction, living vicariously through my friends, and then writing about it (Hee-hee. Oh yes, I was shneaky-shneaky like that), I didn’t like reading YA. Apparently, I thought they were boring as hell.
Hah. Go figure.
I don’t remember the romance title that changed my life forever, but needless to say, I was hooked for life. For life, people. So, thank you, Unknown Author.
I love the romance genre.
I love how I can pop open a book and get pulled into a story.
There was a time when I wanted to be a traditionally published author. In the end, I decided to independently publish my two YA books. Currently, I’m dipping a toe in the Romance Writing Wading Pool. I no longer have the desire to be published (at least, not in the typical ways), but that doesn’t mean I can’t help someone else get there.
The fact that I can be a set of eyes for another creative soul, whether it be reading stories or gathering info so a story can be written, makes me want to do the Snoopy Dance.
I'M A BLOG TOUR HOST!
Client or not, I'm all about supporting creative souls. If you sign up with one of the below companies, and your book falls within my Reading Policy categories, your book will more than likely be featured on my blog and my social media channels.