WHO IS CECE
1) I live in Phoenix, AZ (aka The Hellmouth. Buffy and her friends were really kickin’ it here, not in Sunnydale).
2) I’m a true Gemini. And by “true”, I mean all the traits that make up my zodiac sign are pretty much dead on.
3) I’m addicted to adult romance books, as you know. SERIOUSLY. ADDICTED.
4) I love Betty Boop.
5) I’m a HUGE James Bond fan: Sean. Pierce. Daniel. In that order.
6) My favorite movie is The Fifth Element. #LeelooDallasMultipass.
7) My favorite Disney movie is Sleeping Beauty.
8) My favorite band is Linkin Park (RIP Chester Bennington) and I listen to mostly alternative music. But I grew up listening to Motown, so I love the Oldies, too.
9) I have a SERIOUS love jones for Jason Statham. And Kit Harington (#TeamJonSnow)
11) My favorite flowers are Gerber daisies. In all their glorious colors. Did you know this flower in general symbolizes renewal and new beginnings?
12) I love the X-Men franchise (even though I don’t read the comics). My favorite characters are Storm and Gambit. I’ve even been Storm for Halloween a few times.
I’m CeCe Downs, owner and Chief Eye-Banger here at An Eye For Romance.
Sounds painful, but that's hardly the case. According to The Online Slang Dictionary:
Eye-bang (verb - transitive): to look at a person lustfully.
Although, in my case, it's lustfully looking at words.
Books have been a constant in my life since I was a child. Basically, from the time my Mom read to my older sister and I.
You know you’re a bookworm when the punishment for getting in trouble wasn’t losing TV privileges for a week, but it was NO NEW BOOKS! Shit got real, people. When that happened, it was like the world came to an end. LOL Needless to say, I made sure to never act up again.
When I was younger (elementary-school age), I suffered from a stuttering problem. Nothing the likes of Mel Tillis, mind you, but enough to where the library and I became besties.
I buried myself in books. And diaries.
And then journals, when I got older.
Which led to a love of writing fiction starting in the seventh grade.
But a funny thing happened during my freshman year in high school: I discovered adult romance books.
Despite the fact that I was writing YA fiction, living vicariously through my friends, and then writing about it (Hee-hee. Oh yes, I was shneaky-shneaky like that), I didn’t like reading YA. Apparently, I thought they were boring as hell.
Hah. Go figure.
I don’t remember the romance title that changed my life forever, but needless to say, I was hooked for life. For life, people. So, thank you, Unknown Author.
I love the romance genre.
I love how I can pop open a book and get pulled into a story.
There was a time when I wanted to be a traditionally published author. In the end, I decided to independently publish my two YA books. Currently, I’m dipping a toe in the Romance Writing Wading Pool. I no longer have the desire to be published (at least, not in the typical ways), but that doesn’t mean I can’t help someone else get there.
I took my love of the written word and invested in proofreading and copyediting training to learn the industry and gain an education to enhance my natural ability.
The fact that I get to lustfully gaze at the words of another creative soul makes me want to do the Snoopy Dance.
B.A.Nonprofit Management | Concentration: Writing and Literature
Prescott College, Arizona
Copyediting and Proofreading Certificate
Art of Proofreading
Member of the Editorial Freelancers Association
Member of ACES: The Society for Editors
Member of Women's National Book Association
Member of the Freelancers Union
LITERARY FANGIRL HEROINES...just, y'know, to name some
Melissa Foster, Lori Foster, Jaci Burton, Bella Andre, Shelly Laurenston, J.R. Ward, Lorelei James, Carly Phillips, Jill Shalvis, Lynsay Sands, Alison Kent, Lori Wilde, Rhenna Morgan, Erin Nicholas.